"Pray for those in authority..."
The Tampa Bay Leadership Prayer Breakfast has been celebrated in Tampa since 1971, during Dick Greco’s first term as mayor of Tampa. It originally was known as the Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast, and more recently it became the Tampa Bay Leadership Prayer Breakfast to better reflect our community and our outreach efforts to the entire Tampa Bay area.
Sponsored and supported by the local chapters of CBMC (Christian BusinessMen's Connection), this event has blessed the lives of our local, state, and national leadership representatives.
In 2007, we were honored and blessed to incorporate our event with Tampa Bay Fest, a two day evangelical event held at Raymond James Stadium. More than 140,000 people attended the festival over the course of the weekend, with literally thousands of people, young and old, that dedicated their lives to Jesus Christ. In 2008, Chick-fil-A Chairman and founder Truett Cathy shared the secret of his success, and in 2009 Norm Miller, Chairman of Interstate Batteries, told of his hard climb to the top and what helped him get there. For two years, Coach Joe Gibbs shared his Gameplan For Life, and last year we welcomed Tony Dungy.
Our 2015 Tampa Bay Leadership Prayer Breakfast will continue as a breakfast format again this year and will be our 44th annual event. We hope that you plan to attend and, along with us, pray for those in authority (1 Tim 2:1-3).
At CBMC we strive to encourage individuals to get connected and to stay connected in order to help them grow in their faith. Being strong in faith empowers men to share with others the good news of Jesus Christ in the marketplace and to live godly lives. By fulfilling God’s purpose in their lives, men become a light to those around them by operating at a higher level of moral character and integrity and thus change the world around them. No man can do all of this alone, so join the men of CBMC and make a difference to the men in your business.
Read our Member’s Statement of Faith and join us today.
Our Goals for the Men in CBMC
- The Bible: All men consistently hearing, reading, studying, memorizing, meditating upon and applying the Scripture to their lives
- Prayer: Everyone living a biblical lifestyle of prayer as they grow in intimacy with Jesus Christ
- Evangelism: The Gospel presented to ever-increasing numbers of non-believing business and professional men and those men surrendering to Christ
- Discipleship/Leadership: An ever-increasing number of men who are growing to maturity and becoming spiritual reproducers, collaborating effectively in teams
- Teams: More men of all ages, ethnic, and cultural groups working toward these goals in increasing numbers of communities and cities throughout the nation and world.
- Cost: Our goals are to be carried out at a cost that continually reflects frugality and good use of talent, time and treasure.